- 2 ounces High Caliber Chorizo Sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon High Caliber Whole Fennel, crushed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Freshly ground High Caliber Whole Black Pepper
- 4 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 4 slices thick country-style bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons High Caliber Parsley
- Heat chorizo and 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy pot over medium, stirring occasionally, until chorizo begins to brown and crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and fennel seeds and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and wine and bring to a simmer; season with pepper.
- Cook until reduced by three-quarters, 6–8 minutes.
- Add mussels.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels open, 6–8 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that don’t open.
- Drizzle toast with oil.
- Serve mussels topped with parsley with toast alongside.