- 1 fully cooked ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 12oz apricot jam
- ½ tsp High Caliber Ginger
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (concentrate)
- Preheat your smoker to cook indirectly at 235°F using apple chips / bisquettes for smoke flavor.
- Lay the ham cut-side down on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, score the skin in a diamond pattern on all sides. Place the ham in the cooker with the cut side down and cook for 2 hours.
- To make the glaze: In a small saucepan combine jam, ginger, salt and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Continue stirring & boiling 1 min.
- After the ham has cooked for 2 hours, brush it all over with a heavy coating of the glaze. Cook for 30 minutes. Add another coat of glaze to the ham and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 15 minutes. Slice to serve.